Back Pain / Cervical Pain / Knee Pain
Did you know that sudden and severe back pain could be a sign of something much more serious diseases.
Back pain is one of the most common disorder today. It is a chronic condition characterized by a persistent dull or sharp pain over the lower back. It may be also associated with burning, stiffness, numbness or tingling with the pain shooting down the buttocks and the legs.
Survey indicates that 70 per cent of the people suffer from low back pain at some time in their lives. The highest rate of back pain occurs among the 25 to 64 year age group. The incidence of low back pain is greater among women.
Not all people will experience back pain. We all have suffered a back pain at some point, and usually we tend to just ignore it or rest for a while to help ease the pain.
For most people with low back pain is the initial symptom. This pain may last for a few days, and then improve. It is often followed by the eventual onset of leg pain, numbness, or weakness ultimately leads to Slipped Disc.
Unlike a pulsating pain or pain that comes and goes which can be caused by muscle spasm, pain usually continuous or at least is continuous in a specific position of the body.
Severe pain in the low back can be quite debilitating which restricts activity and reduces work capacity and quality of enjoyment of everyday living and turns daily life into a misery.
Causes of Back Pain
- poor posture habit.
- Low back pain can result due to health problems like osteoporosis, scoliosis, spinal stenosis.
- Sprain or strain of muscles or ligaments in the area can also manifest in low back pain.
- Other possible causes include fibromyalgia and benign or malignant tumours.
- A fall or blow to the back can strain or tear tissues around the spine, or even break a bone leading to back pain.
- Lack of exercise or incorrect exercise can also lead to low back pain.
- Too much weight or overweight also is a cause of low back pain.
Ayurvedic Perspective holds that low back pain is a result of vitiation of one of the three principal 'doshas'. 'In which mainly indication of Vata aggravation and bone and muscle weakness.
The strength of Ayurveda in the area of spinal ailments is globally appreciated. Since it addresses the root cause of the issue, the results are better than surgical procedures. The treatment comprises of Detoxification and rejuvenation through Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy, administration of researched medicines internally.
The therapies like:-
- Abyanga and swedam
- Kati vasti
- Pathrapotala swedam
- Choorna pinda swedam
- Nasya Karma
- Greeva vasti
- Basti Karma
- Hot and cold Fomentation
- Mud Therapy
Other Meditation Therapy Offer as:-
- Life Style Modification
Specific asanas like:-
- Ardha Chakrasana
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Meditation help in curing back pain