Why are diabetics, often do urination in large quantities?
If the blood-sugar level get elevated and your body cells are unable to consume it. Then, these high-sugar level remains, until the kidney flush out this extra sugar in blood as urine (pee). Therefore, people with diabetes urinate frequently and/or in large quantities, urine often contains sugar, and other minerals (such as sodium, chloride, potassium, and bicarbonate).
Why diabetics are having severe frequent Thirst?
The human body needs water to keep enough blood and other fluids. However, frequent urination leads to depletion of liquid called dehydration leads to shortage in saliva causing dry mouth and throat. Dehydration increases the osmotic blood pressure and lower blood volume. This makes the kidney to release of rennin angiotensin this stimulates the hypothalamus to signal thirst. Thus, diabetics have frequent thirst and need to drink often.
Why Lack of Energy & Feeling Tired?
Inadequate insulin secretion or insulin resistance prevents the body to consume the available blood glucose. Additionally, kidney flushes out excess sugar and minerals (such as sodium, chloride, potassium, and bicarbonate) from the body meant for energy that gone unutilized. This lack of glucose absorption, removal of vital minerals and dehydration leads to lack of energy thus diabetic’s feel tired.
Why diabetics are having too much hungry?
In almost 40% of people, the thirst mechanism is so weak that often mistaken for hunger. In addition, when you feel tired, your body signals for energy as hunger. This causes you feel hunger.
Why diabetics are having blurred vision?
Those who unknowing having diabetes are often happy to note that they do not need glasses anymore to see distance objects (mostly people with myopia or Shortsightedness). This is because, increase or decrease in blood-sugar level makes the eye lens and (or) corneal tissue to swell or shrink respectively, results in varying vision. Others may find their vision turns blur; with respect to how high the blood-sugar level is. With proper treatment if the blood-sugar level returns to normal, blurred vision (or sometime clear vision) disappears.
Why diabetics are having dry and itchy skin?
Dehydration and inadequate supply of nutrients to the skin makes it, lose its lust and shine. Furthermore, the dehydrated skin result is dull, flaky, rough, and dry skin. Which makes the skin itchy.
Why diabetics are losing sense or tingling in their feet?
Numbness or tingling sensation among healthy individuals when they sit in a position for extended time. This is due to short supply in blood circulation to these areas. Similarly, diabetics with high blood sugar levels are generally short supply of nutrients to the extremities causing numbness or tingling sensation over the feet.
Why are diabetics, Sores heals slowly?
Healing takes longer due to low nutrient supply. In addition, the immune system does not work efficiently in case of high blood sugar, because of the interactions between various hormones and enzymes. Thus, diabetics sore takes longer to heal.
Why is diabetic loss or gain weight?
Some lose weight because of low consumption of the blood glucose due to inadequate insulin. Some with diabetes gain weight because of frequent hunger, continuous dumping of food items and unnecessary fat storage. Thus, diabetics have sudden weight loss or weight gain.
MANAGEMENT OF DIABETES
The management modalities can be categorized as:-
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Pathya (dietary regulation)
- Panchakarma (Bio-purification procedures)
- The use of therapeutic measures (Medicines)
The herbal drugs used in the management of Prameha are bitter, astringent and pungent in taste. Some of the widely used herb apart from Vijaysar for the management of diabetes is as follows:-
01. Eugenia jambolana: (Jamun beej churna) Dry seed powder of Jamun fruits have to be used in a dose of one-teaspoon twice/thrice daily with lukewarm water.
02. Gymnema sylvestre: (Gudmar patra churna) Dry leaves of this plant have to be used one teaspoon daily with lukewarm water. The leaves when chewed render the mouth tasteless to sweet for 45 min to one hour.
03. Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna) Bark of this plant is available in the form of powder. Cubes or Vijaysaar glasses are also very popular & Effective. The piece of Vijaysaar is kept in water overnight or water is kept in the glass is consumed early morning on empty stomach. One should discard these cubes or glasses once there is no color change observed.
Remedies for diabetes:-
- Diet planning- is the cornerstone of managing diabetes. The diabetic diet is an otherwise normal balanced diet, with a few modifications and proper spacing between food intakes. Avoid diet increasing kapha dosha such as sugar, fats, potatoes, rice. Avoid alcohol
- Daily exercise- One of the methods to heal prameha include strenuous exercises. Regular exercise in any form is a must. In 'Yogasanas' - Forward bending asanas like 'Paschimottanasan', 'Halasan' etc. Are effective
- Restrict and reduce weight.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime.
- Avoid smoking.
- Try to reduce stress by implementing ‘Yoga’ practice.
Useful herbs for diabetes management:-
- Jambhul (Eugenia jambolana) Powder from jamun core is useful.
- Gurmar (gymnema sylvestre).
- Bitter Gourd/bitter melon (Momordica charantia)
- Bel (Aegle marmelos)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
Useful drug formulations:-
- Asanad tablets
- Shilajit Vati
- Trivanga bhasma
- Vasant Kusumakar
Use barley, Varee, Mung, Kulittha, Chickpeas, old rice, bitter gourd, Dodaka, dudhee gourd in diet. Roasted rice and wheat are more useful . Include 'Tikta ras' items in diet.