Pimples And Black Spots
Are the dark spots, scars, acne marks and uneven skin tone making you feel shy for being in a group of members?
Acne/Pimples and Black Spots is truly tough on skin, but sometimes you can be tougher enough to get relief from it.
Acne/Pimples and Black Spots is very common malady of teenagers involving predominantly the face. Although many efforts have been tried to combat with this disease but still it exists as a troublesome problem in society.
The dark spots that remain on skin—called post-inflammatory pigmentary alteration—are caused by inflammation during the skin's healing process. When skin is opened up, like when you pop a pimple, and then closes back together, you can get abnormal pigmentation, texture, and tone that look different from the rest of your skin.
Acne is common in both sexes after puberty. It is more severe in males. It is polymorphic disease involving mainly the face. Other seborrhoeic areas of body like back, chest and shoulders are involved in severe cases.
Emotional stress is known to aggravate acne. Sweating also aggravates them. Premenstrual flare up is known to occur in females but diet has not been proved to have any effect on acne. Sometimes broken blood vessels that remain after an acne lesion fades can result in a mark that appears more red or purple than brown.
The effect of dark spots is due to various reasons, major among them includes zits, acne, blemishes and black heads. Due to severe exposure to sun light the percentage of dark spots growth is definitely high as the rate of melanin will be decreased which in turn leads to darkening of the skin.
Some causes of acne are:-
- The progestogen-only contraceptive pill.
- Thick or greasy make-up may, possibly, make acne worse.
- Picking and squeezing the spots may cause further inflammation and scarring.
- Sweating heavily or humid conditions may make acne worse.
- Spots may develop under tight clothes.
- Some medicines can make acne worse.
- Anabolic steroids (which some bodybuilders take illegally) can make acne worse.
- Research suggests that diets high in sugar and milk products may make acne worse.
Ayurveda 'the science of Healing' definitely have a solution for this. Ayurveda considers Vata, Pitta and Kapha as building blocks of body constitution and it deals with this diseases.
In Ayurvedic medicinal texts this disease is considered due to vitiated Blood (Rakta Dushti) along with vitiated Kapha and Vata. Vitiated Kapha blocks the normal excretory function of skin and get the waste material stagnated inside, producing symptoms like itching, pustules and nodules formation. Vitiated Rakta that also get stagnated and produces multiple irruptions, redness, raised local temperature, thick bloody discharge from the boils and abscess formation. Then irritation, blackish discoloration and ugly scar formation is worked out by Vitiated Vata.
Know Your Ayurvedic Skin Type:-
01. Vata Skin Type
Vata skin is in generally dry, thin, delicate and cool to the touch, easily gets dehydrated, and is very vulnerable to the influence of dry windy weather. Vata skin may age faster, and tends to be dry, rough and flaky when out of balance.
02. Pitta Skin Type
Pitta skin type tends to be fair, sensitive, soft, warm, and of medium thickness. Less tolerance to hot food, less tolerance to fieriness in temperament. Pitta skin types tend to be more prone to freckles and moles than the other skin types. When out of balance, Pitta skin can flare up in rashes, rosacea, acne, or sunspots.
03. Kapha Skin Type
Kapha skin tends to have all the qualities of water and earth -- it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. Kapha skin tends to age slower and form less wrinkles than the other two types. Kapha skin types may struggle with dull complexion, enlarged pores, excessive oil, blackheads, and pimples, moist types of eczema and water retention.
04. Vata-Pitta Combination
Skin that is both dry and sensitive.
05. Kapha-Pitta Combination
skin is oily and sensitive.
06. Vata-Kapha Combination
skin that is generally dry with some oily zones.
Effect of stress on skin:-
There are three types of stress and all three impact the skin in different ways.
- Mental stress:- It starts a chain reaction that ends in a drying out the moisture in the skin. Thinning, dryness and the shrinking of the 'shrotasa' (micro channels) that carry nutritive fluid to the skin result in wrinkles and stress lines.
- Emotional stress:- Affects the skin-just notice how anger or embarrassment can turn your face red. This shows the connection between emotions and the skin. If emotional stress becomes chronic, the result is acne, sun sensitivity, and other Pitta-based problems.
- Physical stress:- Exercising too much, working too much, or straining the body over a period of time causes physical stress. This causes the drying out of skin moisture and rough, aged skin.
To get rid of this problem, this patho-physiology of the disease should be break down and for this purpose the disease causing vitiated doshas should be either removed from the body or to be purified with local and systemic medication.
Scientifically treatments have been classified as:-
When doshas are vitated in large guantity & disease is chronic then shodhan chikitsa should apply first. Acharyas have classified shodhana as:-
- Basti Karma
- Vaman Karma
- Virechana Karma
- Nasya Karma
- Raktamokshana (Blood letting)
(b) Shaman Chikitsa:-
When doshas are minimally imbalanced & the body is weak. Shaman Treatment is more important. Shaman treatment can be classified as external & internal. Administration of proper food, medicines by mouth is internal treatment & the application of medicated oil, lepa (ointment), etc is external treatment.