- Is your skin is soft, oily, thin, smooth and lustrous skin?
- Is your skin is soft, thin, scanty, oily, black and deep-rooted hair?
- Is your skin is black and smooth eye lashes and eye brows?
- Is your skin is Oily mouth, lips, palate and tongue?
- Is your skins wounds heal quickly?
If not your skin need medical Attention:-
- The skin is regarded as the mirror of an individual's inner health. Skin is the seat of sense organs and the senses of touch, pain, temperature, pressure are felt by it.
- Skin should be given due care and attention. If the skin is not cared properly and neglected it will suffer from premature aging, become dull and blemished leads to common skin disorders and problems are the following - Acne, Pimples, Pigmentation, Premature Aging, psoriasis, eczema etc.
Know Your Ayurvedic Skin Type:-
01. Vata Skin Type
Vata skin is in generally dry, thin, delicate and cool to the touch, easily gets dehydrated, and is very vulnerable to the influence of dry windy weather. Vata skin may age faster, and tends to be dry, rough and flaky when out of balance.
02. Pitta Skin Type
Pitta skin type tends to be fair, sensitive, soft, warm, and of medium thickness. Less tolerance to hot food, less tolerance to fieriness in temperament. Pitta skin types tend to be more prone to freckles and moles than the other skin types. When out of balance, Pitta skin can flare up in rashes, rosacea, acne, or sunspots.
03. Kapha Skin Type
Kapha skin tends to have all the qualities of water and earth -- it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. Kapha skin tends to age slower and form less wrinkles than the other two types. Kapha skin types may struggle with dull complexion, enlarged pores, excessive oil, blackheads, pimples, moist types of eczema and water retention.
04. Vata-Pitta Combination
Skin that is both dry and sensitive
05. Kapha-Pitta Combination
skin is oily and sensitive
06. Vata-Kapha Combination
skin that is generally dry with some oily zones.
Effect of stress on skin:-
There are three types of stress and all three impact the skin in different ways.
- Mental stress:- It starts a chain reaction that ends in a drying out the moisture in the skin. Thinning, dryness and the shrinking of the 'shrotasa' (micro channels) that carry nutritive fluid to the skin result in wrinkles and stress lines.
- Emotional stress:- Affects the skin-just notice how anger or embarrassment can turn your face red. This shows the connection between emotions and the skin. If emotional stress becomes chronic, the result is acne, sun sensitivity, and other Pitta-based problems.
- Physical stress:- Exercising too much, working too much, or straining the body over a period of time causes physical stress. This causes the drying out of skin moisture and rough, aged skin.
Scientifically treatments have been classified as:-
- Shodhana Chikitsa
- Shaman Chikitsa
(a) Shodhana Chikitsa
When doshas are vitated in large guantity & disease is chronic then shodhan chikitsa should apply first.
Acharyas have classified shodhana as:-
- Basti Karma
- Vaman Karma
- Virechana Karma
- Nasya Karma
- Raktamokshana (Blood letting)
(b) Shaman Chikitsa
When doshas are minimally imbalanced & the body is weak. Shaman Treatment is more important.
Shaman treatment can be classified as external & internal.
Administration of proper food, medicines by mouth is internal treatment & the application of medicated oil, lepa (ointment), etc is external treatment.