- Is it hard for you to fall asleep or stay asleep through the night?
- Do you wake up feeling tired or feel very sleepy during the day, even if you have had enough sleep?
- Do you feel hard time falling or staying asleep?
- Do you feeling breathing interruptions during sleep?
- Do you feeling a tingling or prickly sensation in the legs?
- Do you feel Inability to have continued sound sleep, having difficulty concentrating?
- Do you feel frequent yawning & lack of appetite?
- Do you feel Waking up during the night, waking up too early or Day time fatigue and sleepiness along with Day time irritability?
- Do you feel Problems with concentration or memory?
- Do you feel Nightmares, night terrors, sleepwalking, sleep talking, head banging, wetting the bed and grinding your teeth?
- Do you feel Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep?
You might have a sleep disorder, take a medical advice from SEVA-DHAM Plus
A sleep disorder is a medical disorder of the sleep patterns of a person which are serious enough to interfere with normal physical, mental, social and emotional functioning.
Insomnia is the inability to fall asleep at night for many hours or inability to have a sound sleep, which deprives one of natural rest and interferes with activities during the day.
When a person suffers from difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep with no obvious cause, it is referred to as insomnia which is characterized by an extended period of symptoms including trouble with retaining sleep, fatigue, decreased attentiveness.
Significant life stress (job loss or change, death of a loved one, divorce, Illness, Emotional or physical discomfort , Environmental factors like noise, light, or extreme temperatures (hot or cold) that interfere with sleep, Depression and/or anxiety, Chronic stress, Pain or discomfort at night, Neurological problems, Mental illness, Medical conditions - diseases, Tension, stress, work overload, Emotional problems, Pains affecting parts of the body, Anxiety, worry, fear, and restlessness, Excess intake of alcohol and coffee leads to insomnia.
An improper diet and lifestyle causes aggravation of Vata (Ayurvedic humor representing Air) that travels through the channels of the head causing sleeplessness. Suppressed emotions, disturbed sleeping patterns, worries, anger, overwork, overexcitement, and ill health may be other responsible factors.
Ayurveda identifies three types of sleep disorders:-
01. Vaata imbalance
People with vata imbalance unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results in anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day.
02. pitta imbalance
People with Pitta imbalance gets up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness.
03. kapha imbalance
People with Kapha imbalance gets morning awakening feel sluggish, tired, and completely exhausted even though you have had a full night’s sleep.
Ayurvedic Treatment for sleep disorders varies according to actual cause of the condition to balance and bring to harmony the vata dosha that has become out of harmony with the other doshas in the human system.
Panchakarma therapies, rasayana therapies, yoga and meditation, life style changes including diet regime all form part of ayurveda treatment for sleep disorders.
Treatments included in the package such as:-
01. Shodhana karmas
Detoxification of the body with application like:-
- Nasya Karma
- Vasthi Karma
- Virechana Karma
It will helpful in removing waste product from body.
02. Abhyanga and Sweda:-
It gives nourishment and makes the body relax and also rejuvenates the body. It helpful in increasing blood circulation which will the body young and reverse the ageing process result in strengthening of the body.
03. Shiro Ksheeradhara and Sarvanga Ksheeradhara and Pizhichil:-
Act as a nourishment to the body.
04. Shashtikapinda Sweda:-
It used to strengthen body.
05. Patra potil Swedana:-
It is a variety of Medicated Fomentation which helpful in Maintance Health along with removal of waste product from body.
06. Siro Pichu
08. Siro Vasti
- Hot and cold Fomentation
- Mud Therapy
Other Meditation Therapy Offer as:-
- Life Style Modification